Margaret A. Koury, M.S., L.M.F.T.
Maggie Koury is the Director of Practice Management at the Mind Health Institute, Newport Beach and Laguna Beach. She is also a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist specializing in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and solution‑focused therapy for adolescents and young adults. She has a special interest in working with the children of individuals with addiction as well as adolescents with anxiety disorders, mood disorders, and interpersonal skill development. Maggie's kind, positive, and genuinely warm personality allow her to connect with clients in an engaging manner to achieve their goals.
- Individual psychotherapy for adolescents and young adults with a range of issues
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- Diplomate, Academy of Cognitive Therapy & Certified CBT Therapist
- University of Memphis (B.A. and M.S. in Psychology)
- California State University, Northridge (L.M.F.T.)
- Greenwich House in New York City & UCLA ADHD research program (Internships)
- Worked in psychiatric research at St. Jude Children's Research Center, UCLA, & Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Authored academic publications including several journal articles & a book chapter on anxiety