Ariel Eckfeld, Ph.D.
Dr. Eckfeld is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who specializes in neuropsychological and psychological testing of children, adolescents, and young adults with a range of psychiatric and medical conditions. Her comprehensive assessments are based on evidence‑based practices to better understand day‑to‑day functioning. Dr. Eckfeld is very experienced working with ADHD, learning disabilities, intellectual disability, autism spectrum disorders, anxiety and mood disorders, and psychosis. She also has extensive experience working with complex presentations and neurological conditions like epilepsy, oncology, and concussions. She is passionate about working closely and warmly with clients and their families to provide tailored recommendations that can make a difference at home and at school.
- Neuropsychological and psychological testing for children, adolescents, and adults with a wide range of concerns
- Provides whole-person, individualized, collaborative care to create intervention plans focusing on strengths and areas of growth
- Licensed in Clinical Psychology
- University of California, Los Angeles (Ph.D.)
- Children’s Hospital of Orange County (Pre-doctoral Internship)
- Children’s Hospital of Orange County (Two-year Postdoctoral Neuropsychology/Epilepsy Fellowship)
- Clinical Assistant Professor, UCLA Department of Psychology
- Expertise in young child assessments (0‑5 years)
- Active and published member of scientific and academic communities (e.g., National Association of Neuropsychology)
- Worked at Institute for Pediatric Neuroscience (NYU Child Study Center); Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA); and St. John’s Child and Family Development Center
- Collaborates with various providers including therapists and neurologists